The College Crisis Initiative (C2i) at Davidson College aspires to be the nation’s premiere developer of undergraduate researchers in higher education and public policy. Our high-quality, data-driven research serves as the go-to resource for journalists, policymakers, scholars, and the general public.
Through novel data, quality research, rigorous policy evaluation, and undergraduate student development, the College Crisis Initiative (C2i) at Davidson College serves as a steward of higher education, seeking to ensure the ability of colleges and universities to increase social mobility, strengthen civil society, educate the populace, develop student identities, meet the needs of the labor market, and further the cause of democracy for this and future generations.
We believe that:
- Undergraduate students can do quality research that is relevant and in the public interest.
- Crises and challenges present opportunities for learning and innovation.
- The best policy solutions come from a dispassionate, data-driven, critical analysis.
- No party or person has a monopoly on good ideas. The best research and policy solutions come when we work together.
- Few problems worth solving have simple solutions. We aren’t afraid of complexity.